Sunday, December 2, 2007

She came, she smiled, and she was higher than a kite.

My mom. She has been in so many of my dreams... at least the ones I can remember. This one was very funny and incredibly refreshing. The only thing is, I can't really remember anything except for one part.

I was in my apartment, which looked similar to Wright State dorm rooms, at least when you looked at the front door. She walked in smiling wider than I had ever seen and her eyes were bright red. "Are you high?" I asked her. She giggled. She started doing her little laugh that she used to do when she was being silly, showing her teeth with her mouth wide open. I knew this was my chance to smoke with my mom; a dream I had always wanted to fulfill. "Do you want to smoke the bong?" I asked her. She seemed more eager than I was and we ended up having a really fun time together.

Man... I soo wish I would have had the chance to do that with her. Of course, I know how she felt about my brother Adam smoking, so I doubt we would have had any kind of casual conversation about pot. I woke up almost laughing because I had never seen my mom like that; I had never seen her intoxicated, especially from the wacky-tobaccy. She told me about the last time she smoked and it was kinda sad because she got sick. She said she had also been drinking wine, which never really mixes well with pot, at least for those of us with touchy immune systems.

ANALYSIS: Maybe it was just a dream come true?

Off topic, but relevant: Family therapy on Tuesday. We'll see how it goes. I'm a bit leary about the experience, considering I wouldn't ask for help if I were blind, naked, and stuck in quicksand. I wouldn't say I'm stubborn in that fashion, maybe just a bit self riteous. But a month or so ago I had a little breakdown (it was the week before exams at school.. I had multiple papers due, and I was on my period), called my dad, and in my vulnerable state, said counseling wouldn't be such a bad idea. Of course, therapy is supposed to be a good thing and I'm sure it will be fine and dandy. Will it?

peace and lychee black tea

1 comment:

Admin UD said...

awwwwwww...you dreamt you smoked pot wit ya mom...interesting. Do have a lovely week and say outta trouble...*winks*